Corporate Engagement Manager
Directly reports to: Country Director, WWF (Thailand)
Supervises: Corporate Engagement Executive and
Corporate Engagement Officer
Technically supervises: Regional Marketing Manager
Validity: 1 April 2017 – 31 March 2018
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
The Corporate Engagement Manager is responsible for in engaging and maintaining relationship with key industry players in Thailand across a spectrum of areas for collaboration whose aim could include transforming business for sustainability, raising awareness of sustainability choices for general public and corporate customer base, and communications. Collaboration will include unrestricted funding element to cover operational cost requirements, cover adequate reserves with the long-term objective of expanding the conservation impact of WWF in Thailand.
The position requires knowledge of business project management and interest in environmental sustainability issues, and the tenacity to keep abreast of local and global developments in conservation and sustainability and their implications on marketing and fundraising for the organization.
I. Engaging Corporations and Networking
- Identify and engage corporations in order to cultivate long-term partnership by helping corporations understand and incorporate environmental sustainability into their entire business approach: strategic, operational, marketing.
- Lead in proposing areas that WWF and corporations can form strategic and/or project-based partnerships through reviewing of corporate performance and creating synergies for the mutual benefit of both organizations. Align the approach with WWF-Int’l Business and Industry guidelines.
- Position partnership to properly raise funds to cover costs of partnership and management fees. Review and submit project proposal to ensure it reflects all elements of the collaboration.
- Keep abreast of developments in strategic sectors and identify risks and opportunities for WWF partnership objectives.
- Lead team in develop and implement corporate marketing strategies to build up new donor prospects and maintain existing donors.
- Ensure Corporate Engagement team member always maintain a single consolidated corporate database for targeted, existing and potential partners. Be ready for uploading to WWF International database or sharing to WWF Network’s corporate partnership publications.
- Develop joint communications plans with corporate partners. Implementing co-branding communications, where appropriate, which adheres to WWF brand position, mission and standards at all contact points with corporate and membership, where applicable.
II. Corporate Project Management
- Monitor and ensure that projects developed by Corporate Engagement (jointly with Conservation) meet their objectives and all deliverables are met.
- Support and manage Corporate Engagement team members in project management and partnership process.
- Coordinating with Finance to monitor and review quarterly report to be sent to partners and funders.
- Ensure efficient and seamless account management processes are in place to support corporate partnerships and mitigate risks to partnership attrition.
III. New Project Development
- Lead in collaboration with Conservation and Market Transformation teams on developing a new project based on conservation needs. Bring business understanding to the table and seek for technical input, content and expertise to create new idea for conservation or transformational engagement.
- Initiate new idea for major fundraising event/campaign involving corporate side. Lead and delegate tasks to multi-functional team to ensure success of those activities.
IV. Multi-Functional Relationship
- Support Corporate Engagement team members in implement matrix coordination across all functions and units in WWF Thailand – finance, HR, Conservation, Administration, Marketing, and Communications in order to arrive at best-in-class relationship management and ensuring long term partnerships.
- Provide information and liaise with Communication team to build WWF brand in corporate sector.
V. Issue Resolutions, Crisis/Risk Management
- Maintain an awareness of any possible crisis or risk to the project and organization and develop plans that will provide for such contingencies.
- Maintains an awareness of any complaints to identify any areas that may need development of improvement
VI. Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting
- Monitor, coach and assist Corporate Engagement team members on regular tracking of fundraising performance against plan objectives, identifies risks to deliver and mitigate measures. Ensure on-time submission of reports to Donors.
This TOR covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- Internal: Communication team, Conservation Programme Manager, Country Management Team, Regional Marketing Director and GMPO Partnership Committee.
- External: WWF International and Centres of Development representatives, creative agencies, third party service providers, corporations, major donors and individual donors, Regional teams, Asia Pacific Growth Team, AP Country offices
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Marketing, Management, Financial with experience in services, sales or in relevant fields.
- 4-5 years practical experience in corporate relationship management or account executive with major corporate customers.
- Good knowledge of Thailand business sectors especially those that have environmental impact.
- Understanding or interested in socio-economic, conservation and development issues. Possess knowledge of basic environmental and conservation issues in Thailand.
- Understanding of partnership development process, donor acquisition and retention processes. Able to build governmental and international relations.
- Experience of working and negotiating officials and customers at all level.
- Experience of working in international organizations
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation in Thailand
- Project management, facilitation and coordination
- Planning and task organization in multi-functional working environment
- Leading team, man management and coaching
- Presentation and communications
- Risk management
- Good command of Thai and English
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proven track record in marketing and/or sales management within private sectors. Fundraising experience with NGO or foundation is a plus.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Manage conflicts well.
- Able to think both strategically and innovatively, and translate this into delivery of results;
- Good communication and influencing skills, combined with the ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment;
- Budget management capability
- Sensitivity and empathy with the vision and values of WWF
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to accept responsibility
- A team player with willingness to learn
- Adaptable and willing to accept responsibility to
- Embrace change
- Achievement oriented
- Reliable and responsive
WWF's Mission and Values
1. It is part of every staff member's terms of reference to contribute to WWF's mission:
WWF’s Mission is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by:
- conserving the world's biological diversity
- ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable
- reducing pollution and wasteful consumption.
2. It is also part of every staff member's terms of reference to embody WWF's values, which are: Passionate and Optimistic, Challenging and Inspiring, Credible and Accountable, Persevering and Delivering Results.
How to apply : Interested candidate, please submit your resume stating your expected salary to email@example.com
by July 15th, 2017 or submit by mail to WWF-Thailand 92/2 Soi Paholyothin 5, Paholyothin Road, Samsen nai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 Tel : +66 (0) 2 619 8534-7
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.wwf.or.th
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Otherwise, your resume will be filed into our candidate database for future reference and consideration.